Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdn_addict

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard of some pharmacy schools that flat out toss applications in the "discard" pile if your GPA is below a certain point. Does this apply to any dental schools that you know of?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I have actually heard of instances where admissions committees disregard applications if scores are below a certain point. For example an admissions officer at BU dental school told me that they do not look at applicants if they have a DAT score below 19. Of course there are exceptions to this ie.(if the student has a 3.8gpa but an 18 they will prob still off an interview). Each school has a certain standard as to what they are looking for but as I said there are always many exceptions and being that d-school has become extremely competative the standards for gpa's and DAT scores have risen.

Yes I have actually heard of instances where admissions committees disregard applications if scores are below a certain point. For example an admissions officer at BU dental school told me that they do not look at applicants if they have a DAT score below 19.

Wow...that's a high standard...for most schools 16 or so is the cut off...19 seems a little insane for a hard cut off. Actually, it seems wrong...maybe it was just that one ADCOM who did it, cause I've had friends with 18s and not the best GPAs in the world get interviews...more than just one or two also.