dental skools ranked?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheikha9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if there really is such a thing as rankings for dental school...i havent really heard much abt that

n if there is...wat r the rankings? n is it really that significant..like for law school it really does matter sometimes which law school u graduate from...how bout for dental?

Members don't see this ad.

There is a lot of disagreement on dental school rankings. Some are better in research but happen to be not so good in our areas like avg acceptance stats. of incoming students. Another factor are the avg. grades of students on the board exams 1 and 2. Funding by NIH is a big factor for some. Price is important. How long they have been a dental school. What specialty programs they have. Clinical exposure is a big one.
There is not easy way to grade the schools in a comprehensive manner.

There is no longer a ranking of Dental Schools.

Make a list of areas you are looking for and make your own ranking list. For example, look at class size, location, cost, clinical experience, board scores, how many specialize, research funding, scholarships, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
howui3 said:
There is no longer a ranking of Dental Schools.

Make a list of areas you are looking for and make your own ranking list. For example, look at class size, location, cost, clinical experience, board scores, how many specialize, research funding, scholarships, etc.

Do you know of a link that lists how dental schools have performed on boards part I and II?

ItsGavinC said:
I should bookmark those.
:D

I tried both of the links and they dont work. Hmmm

same here. None of the websites worked :( Can you please correct the addresses?

thank you!

Future DDS said:
same here. None of the websites worked :( Can you please correct the addresses?

thank you!
Your kidding right? :laugh:

You might also want to check out www.whichdentalschoolisbestforyou.com They ask a couple questions and tell you which school is your perfect match. :thumbup:

How come none of the links worked?

Future DDS said:
How come none of the links worked?

It's not working because a lot of people are trying to get on! Try again after midnight Pacific Standard Time. The best time to get on is usually around 3 or 4 AM! Good luck. Great info on these sites!

MEAN, mean mean! guys. Those 'links' are just made up to jerk you around.

Try this one:

www.dentalschoolcrystalball.com

This one tells you exactly where you will be accepted and when, where you will choose, if you will specialize or not, etc. Amazing!!!! Enjoy.

wow i think some people need to get their noses out of textbooks and into the real world... come on now :rolleyes:

Damn, I wish the adcoms at schools could see this ahahah I can't believe some people are so...shall we say...dumb :D Seriously, some of you may have great GPAs but, you have zero common sense :D