DentalDeck and FlashDeck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skylite

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have brought the dentadeck. but heard there is another source by the name of FlashDeck---have anybody brought that...If you do---how different it is....

Members don't see this ad.

I think they are the same. Just go by different name. If you have a chance go to Toymed web site. The review is for Free.

I've never heard of Flashdeck, and a cursory internet search didn't turn up anything with that name.

I can tell you, however, that the Dental Decks are a time-trusted technique for studying for the Boards, and that you can do well if you learn those cards.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank Gavinc for checking it out for me. I heard about the free site of nbde.dreamstation and Toymed. Have you try it . It kind of scare when they said it for free.

It for free. But the nbce.dreamstation-You can order more test for 5 or 10 dollars

uh oh....is this the same toymed dude again????

Skylite,

Those internet sites may have good products, but frankly, I don't have the time to test them out.

I KNOW the DentalDecks, along with Kaplan, can get students excellent NBDE scores. Because of that, I'm hesitant to break from the norm when it comes to time-honored materials for studying.

And in this case, the fact that the materials are free does add some additional hesitation.

If I were you, I'd stick with the basic review materials, but if you do decide to go elsewhere then let us all know how you feel the materials are.

Thank you for your advice---GaVinc. And xc1999---did you have a bad experience with those free site?????please let me know.

OH. By the way my ADA tests order just arrived today. GaVinc when you study for your board---did you go over all the ADA tests or just the most recent one. The 1998 is the most recent one I have in my package

1998 is the most recent test they have released. I used all the tests, but I focused most heavily on the 1996 and 1998 exams.

I guess I should be speaking in the present tense, not the past tense, since I'm STILL studying for the Boards.

I'm heading to the pool with my Decks right now. :D

Hi everyone,

I recently joined this forum and absolutely lovin' it! This will be my first post.. :) Thank you in advance for your replies.

In regards to prepping for the boards, I have the dental decks already in my possession thanks to a good friend, but where can I get the old exams everyone's talking about? Which ones are the most recent? I know that eveyone has different ways of preparing for exams, but is this the most efficient way to prepare yourself? Old exams and dental decks? Has anyone taken any prep classes? If so, how were they? Also, is there such thing starting too early? I'm two months away from completing my first year. I thought I would get a head start by starting over the summer. I don't plan on any intensive studying, but just get my sources together and start looking. Any suggestions???

thanks.

Wild Angel,

You can find the old exams at the AsDA website. http://www.asdanet.org/store/index.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=6

Since they haven't released anything later than 1998 yet, I would advise you to perhaps buy them from an upperclassmen at your school or something (just to save money).

and yes, dental decks and past exams are usually what people use to primarily study for the boards. However, if you really want to do well, I would definitely look back on your notes and stuff. Or you could purchase study aids such as kaplan.

I'm finishing up my first year as well. I guess if you aren't going to do any intensive studying, then the dental decks should be the way to go (which is what I will be doing this summer as well). But I think you should take your notes with you just in case you need a little more info with some topics (such as anatomy or histology)

Anywho, hope that helps! this topic has been discussed before. If you type in "study aids for NBDE part I" or something like that in the search tool, you should be able to find some other helpful info.

xc1999 said:
Wild Angel,

You can find the old exams at the AsDA website. http://www.asdanet.org/store/index.asp?DEPARTMENT_ID=6

Since they haven't released anything later than 1998 yet, I would advise you to perhaps buy them from an upperclassmen at your school or something (just to save money).

and yes, dental decks and past exams are usually what people use to primarily study for the boards. However, if you really want to do well, I would definitely look back on your notes and stuff. Or you could purchase study aids such as kaplan.

I'm finishing up my first year as well. I guess if you aren't going to do any intensive studying, then the dental decks should be the way to go (which is what I will be doing this summer as well). But I think you should take your notes with you just in case you need a little more info with some topics (such as anatomy or histology)

Anywho, hope that helps! this topic has been discussed before. If you type in "study aids for NBDE part I" or something like that in the search tool, you should be able to find some other helpful info.

Thanks so much! Congratulations to you on completing 1/4 of dental school!

haha, thanks, you too! Though I must admit that I don't exactly feel like a second year yet, even though our school kinda says we are.

Becareful of the site www.nbdereview.com. Don't send in money...they will not send you the order....it just a fraud. I will try to report to the BBB....Damn

skylite said:
Thank Gavinc for checking it out for me. I heard about the free site of nbde.dreamstation and Toymed. Have you try it . It kind of scare when they said it for free.

I've only heard of it because Toymed posts the exact same messages on DentalTown that you do here. You guys must be kindred spirits. :D