Dentist not submitting LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swim90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My family dentist, whom I also shadowed, agreed to write a letter of reference for me for dental school months ago. Since I started my application, I've been sending countless reminder emails, to which he's always replied that he'll write it and submit it that night. However, it's over a week later and it's still not uploaded. I'm really worried....what should I do? I kind of feel like I'm harassing him by reminding him so often.

Members don't see this ad.

From what I know, LORs do not have to be in until your supplemental invitations are in. I'd probably swing by his office with a basket of goodies and give him sort of a mock up letter, can even be just a list of activities that you're involved in maybe even your personal statement... you know something to get him started and you might want to nudge in there that your supplementals are in and that your application wont be reviewed without his letter.. if he's old he's probably been out of the game for a while so i'd maybe try that route. Hope this helps!