Dentist Recommendation Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Persephone11

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

I sent the dentist that I have been shadowing for 1.5 years the TMDSAS evaluator request email, but no response from her. I sent a reminder email on june 3rd to tell her to include my TMDSAS ID and upload on an official letterhead. I dont know what to do, she is very friendly and she was very glad that I asked her for one. She has little kids and school is out, so she may be busy with them. I know that I should not be too paranoid since it's only mid-June, but I am anxious now...

Any advice?
 
Kindly follow up with her in a week. Remind her that you are grateful that she agreed to writer you a letter and it would be most helpful if the letter is received by MM/DD. Make sure she has everything she needs, your CV, transcript, etc.
 
Why does she need to include your ID in the letter? That's the first time I ever heard of that...
 
Thanks for the advice guys!

@SrJulio - I have given her everything that she needs! Personal Statement, CV, transcripts etc. But I will email her again in a week? When do you think the latest to turn in the dentist letter should be? I have already submitted my app.

@Muhammed - I specifically asked her to write me a recommendation at the end of March, but I told her the application does not open until May (TMDSAS)/ June (AADSAS). The day after I sent her an email with all my stuff (Personal Statement, CV, transcripts etc), I went to shadow her and she personally told me that she received all of the docs. I am back home and her dental office is located at my college town, so there is no way to go to her office. But I will try emailing again otherwise I may have to make that trip.

@FlowerGirl35 - I swear I read on the application page that dentists have to include our ID, but I am not completely sure.