Dentist Recommendation Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BJDollaz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Currently, I have six recommendation letters uploaded on Interfolio and I can't decide which ones to use. The six include three from science professors, one from non science, one from a dentist, and one from my PI. I initially wanted to upload two science professors, my PI, and my dentist but I feel that my dentist didn't write me a strong letter. However, my other five recommendation writers all mentioned that they were able to write me extremely strong ones. So now I am considering not including my dentist recommendation letter and use another science professor or the non science professor instead, and mail out a hard copy of my Dentist's recommendation only to schools that request it, such as Boston University. What would you guys advise?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should submit your dentist's letter to AADSAS. It's pretty much an unofficial requirement nowadays. Save your PI letter.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

You are applying to Dental school? I would assume a letter of rec from a Dentist is important, if not more important, than all other letters.

I got multiple acceptances last cycle without a dentist letter of rec. I received one from my PI, 2 science professors, and the head of my TAing class/program. Just so you know that it's not entirely necessary at some schools, in which it is not stipulated in their requirements.