dentist recommendation letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vedderm2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

this might sound really strange but my dentist want me to write up a recommendation paper for her but I don't know how!

Does anyone have like a format? example of what they have used? :(

I remember that there was a thread about this but I can't find it! :(

Someone please help me!

thanks anyone in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

My dentist did the same thing to me. It took me awhile to figure out the style and wording, but if you just sit down and think about things you'd want a dentist to say about you and things you'd like the adcom to know about you, it's not too hard. Don't over think it too much, just try to paint a good picture of yourself, just like your PS.

Also be realistic and not idealistic. Don't write "John Doe was the most amazing pupil I have ever encountered." Instead write something like "John Doe embodies dedication and a steadfast willingness to learn. These characteristics will serve as great tools for him as he pursues his career goals in the dental field" and give specific examples.

For my LOR writers I gave them a list of qualities dental schools look for in applicants and left it up to them to determine if I embodied those characteristics or not. I also wrote short descriptions of my ECs and special skills that they may have not known about.