Dentist Shadowing documentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1AO KTG

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I know this question has most likely been asked. I'm just wondering if Dental schools require documentation of shadowing. I've seen that some schools require near 200 hours. So what if you claim to have 300? Will they say, well send us the proof or is it similar to med school when it comes to volunteer hours?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I know this question has most likely been asked. I'm just wondering if Dental schools require documentation of shadowing. I've seen that some schools require near 200 hours. So what if you claim to have 300? Will they say, well send us the proof or is it similar to med school when it comes to volunteer hours?

It's mostly an honor system thing. I think a couple want a letter proving at least X number of hours.

I just logged date, place, hours, dentist(s), and a short description every time I went somewhere. Same for volunteering/community service. It's still honor system, but at least I have documentation.