Dentist Shadowing/Volunteering question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OMFS08

Tooth Extractornator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to find a dentist to shadow or some possible volunteer hrs somewhere. I spoke to my school's hospital and I am trying to get a position in the oral surgery department. I was wondering what steps you all took to finding volunteer hrs and shadowing opportunities. Please post any ideas thanks. My next option is to go get a list of all the dentists in my area and spend a weekend calling and asking them for shadowing opps. Please post any assistance please. Thanks. :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I am trying to find a dentist to shadow or some possible volunteer hrs somewhere. I spoke to my school's hospital and I am trying to get a position in the oral surgery department. I was wondering what steps you all took to finding volunteer hrs and shadowing opportunities. Please post any ideas thanks. My next option is to go get a list of all the dentists in my area and spend a weekend calling and asking them for shadowing opps. Please post any assistance please. Thanks. :eek:

Well I did my hours at Shands Hospital at UF they have a volunteer office so easy to just go an volunteer, dont know if u have that at ur school's hospital they should I guess. As far as dentist in ur area u r on the right track get a list and start calling, another way is if your school as a pre-dental society or group they might have a list of local dentist that like to be shadow.
GL Mate

Thanks guys, my school does have a volunteer office in the hospital so I am going through the process now but I wanted a back up so I will call some dentists as well. Thanks