Dentists are...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
search "doctors are" on google btw...maybe you'll feel better ;)

search "doctors are" on google btw...maybe you'll feel better ;)

That did make me feel better. BTW, I'm not crying about anything. I just posted that for fun. My classmates and I got a kick out of it, so I just thought I'd share.

Dentistry is a great profession.

ha, yeah try typing in lawyers! Could be worse.

everybody hates somebody. if it's not dentists, its doctors. if it's not doctors, its lawyers. if it's not lawyers, its DMV workers. etc etc.

haters gonna hate, just do what you do.

everybody hates somebody. if it's not dentists, its doctors. if it's not doctors, its lawyers. if it's not lawyers, its DMV workers. etc etc.

"lawyers are doctors" made me laugh because of the context of this discussion (even though it's true)

haters gonna hate, just do what you do
tumblr_kw6nbtccll1qz9qooo1_500.gif

Haters_Gonna_Hate_03.jpg

images

haters-gonna-hate-flutekid.jpg

haters_gonna_hate3.jpg

miami_heat-haters_gonna_hate.jpg
(ew)

haters-gonna-hate.jpeg

haters-gonna-hate-2.jpg

Last edited:
type in "doctors are" and "lawyers are" into google.

2j68q9x.gif

Last edited:
Don't worry about it. Google any career and almost all of them have bad adjectives for them. Why so many haters?

lolololol

I typed in every other health prof the only ones with pleasant phrases are veterinarians and optometrists....just look at what is says for lawyers though.....

Google searches are like the lowest common denominator.

Try doing this with various nationalities... it's pretty horrible.

Try typing in Lawyers are
Make sure when you see the "Lawyers are like" phrase you type in that one too and look at the results.

Doctors does the same thing in google.

Make sure you also try "Obama is"
Also try Mccain is

Haters. I'm tired of people busting on dentist or predent students. I heard this too many times. I'm tired of people of other major asking me and telling me: how can you work in people's teeth, why would you choose this career, It's so boring, this is a horrible career, ettccc... all i can think about when i hear this from people is: wow you got some b... going into a career w/ a low job market and here busting on me for going into dental. All i say to these people is: "it's alrite. I like it." that's all you got to say to these haters...
Dental is a great career.

Lawyers are: "the scum of the earth"

Thanks google :D

I actually expected that list to be worse than it was. Pretty much the only flak (if you can call it that) I get is people asking me if or telling me that they don't want me to commit suicide. It's like everyone has some preconceived notion that if you go into the dental field you either retire or commit suicide, and that the latter is more likely than the former.

I actually expected that list to be worse than it was. Pretty much the only flak (if you can call it that) I get is people asking me if or telling me that they don't want me to commit suicide. It's like everyone has some preconceived notion that if you go into the dental field you either retire or commit suicide, and that the latter is more likely than the former.

You'll get better at explaining to them a career in dentistry and the realistic stressors associated with it. By the end of the conversation they wish they went to dental school. Pull up the old study for yourself also.

But in the mean time: Target the surgeons with the new blanket statement of suicide prone.

http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/health/healthcare/2011-01-18-surgeons-stress_N.htm

You'll get better at explaining to them a career in dentistry and the realistic stressors associated with it. By the end of the conversation they wish they went to dental school. Pull up the old study for yourself also.

But in the mean time: Target the surgeons with the new blanket statement of suicide prone.

http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/health/healthcare/2011-01-18-surgeons-stress_N.htm

I usually just laugh and tell them I don't plan on it. I'm not worried about it because I have looked at the facts and I know that I want to go into dentistry even though I may be under alot of stress, especially in dental school.

In response to your link:

I think most health professions have a higher suicide rate than average just for the fact that some people go into the profession thinking they can make it rich. When they get down the road and the money isn't rolling in like they'd hoped they're stuck doing something they hate and see no other way out. It's sad to see people chasing after the money but to some people thats all that matters.