Dentist's Dentist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

student253

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was volunteering yesterday and as I left, a thought came to mind.

"Do dentists do their own exams and restorative work?'

The first dentist I shadowed for told me the dentist he acquired the practice from did her own endo (root canal) case. It's was my first shadow/volunteer experience (2.5 years ago) so I didn't know if I should take him serious or not. He was a jokester. What have you guys encountered or heard?

Thoughts?

-student253

Members don't see this ad.

I was volunteering yesterday and as I left, a thought came to mind.

"Do dentists do their own exams and restorative work?'

The first dentist I shadowed for told me the dentist he acquired the practice from did her own endo (root canal) case. It's was my first shadow/volunteer experience (2.5 years ago) so I didn't know if I should take him serious or not. He was a jokester. What have you guys encountered or heard?

Thoughts?

-student253

Doing your own rootcanal? Thats ballsy. And pretty frickin difficult I would imagine.

The dentist I shadow goes across the street to another dentist to get his work done. He says it can be hard because he doesn't have dental insurance so it's kind of a "I'll do your dental work if you do mine" sort of thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Friend across the street, across town, relative, buddy from dental school that you trust...

Yeah. Although my father did a small bond once on himself, and cemented his own crown back in before.

my dentist pulls his own wisdom teeth out... ;)

those people in the medical industry have lifelong network, too.

So, be nice to ur peers! :laugh: Ur snoopy may get sick! U never know~:)

a little off topic, but i know a doctor (MD) who tried to do his own Vasectemy, passed out half way though, woke up and finished himself....LOL