Dentists to Shadow in Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ttrinh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need some help finding dentists in Chicago to shadow. I have gotten a few rejections, so I was wondering if you guys know of any dentists who are more willing to have a student shadow/volunteer at their clinic?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I would just keep e-mailing and contacting as many dentists as you can, one will eventually help you out.

Welcome to the world of too good to accept shadows dentists.
Been there, done that. Had to visit more than 25 office only to get only 4 to accept. I am so happy they did, but they didn't accept that I shadow all the time, just a day or 2, but I will be forever grateful for them.

I'd recommend going in person to places. I also found dentists that graduated from my undergrad's dental school as a way to link up, but they shut me down. A lot of them tend to not care about the upcoming dentists cause it is a hassle for them. However, and a BIG HOWEVER. I was able to shadow a dentist that knows my dad and she ended up making me an assistant. Within 5 minutes of walking into the office with scrubs on, I had my hands washed and was told to assist ( at the time I thought that was what shadowing was) and I pretty much got thrown into the waves in the hope I was able to swim. I was nervous and scared since I literally was working in someones mouth with no experience but on and off on the suctions lol. So happy for the opportunity my dentist gave me!! I LEARNED SOOOOO MUCH and this was able to help me at interviews.

BE PERSISTENT in Chicago and Chicagoland for shadowing!!!!

Reactions: 1 user