Denver, anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

streetdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see where anyone wrote about their interview/rotation at Denver...
can anyone tell me what they thought about the program...or even the city in general.
thanks,
streetdoc

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried scutwork??

Oh and for the record I hear the city is AMAZING!!

EctopicFetus said:
Have you tried scutwork??

Oh and for the record I hear the city is AMAZING!!

EF,
GO STUDY :D
yeah, there were only like 6 reviews on scutwork...just wanted to hear a bit more from my SDN peeps.
I guess I'm looking at doing a rotation there in July (what could be better than to get away from 100 degrees-and the HUMIDITY!- here in the armpit of the south, than to go to Denver where it averages 88...according to weatehr .com :love: )
streetdoc

Members don't see this ad :)
4th yr brings out the ADD in a future EM doc more than anything else....

Has no one rotated/interviewed at Denver??? i thought with all the gunners on here someone would come forward? I'm really concerened about rotating there in july before i rotate at my home institution and before i'm in the groove of everything. any thoughts on how hard it is to do well there and get a good letter?
thanks,
streetdoc

streetdoc said:
Has no one rotated/interviewed at Denver??? i thought with all the gunners on here someone would come forward? I'm really concerened about rotating there in july before i rotate at my home institution and before i'm in the groove of everything. any thoughts on how hard it is to do well there and get a good letter?
thanks,
streetdoc
I rotated there several years ago and it sold me on EM. July is a good month to rotate because the chiefs rotate in the ER that month(or at least they used to). Work hard and get to know the chief residents but don't brown nose. If you show that you are a smart, hard worker you'll get a good letter even if the faculty doesn't know you that well. I'm pretty sure the attendings didn't even now who I was by the time my month was up but the chiefs did. Having a good word from the chiefs goes a long way. On the other hand spending all your time smoozing the faculty and not working will get noticed.