Deposit at school beforing interviews elsewhere?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coreyb

Dentist
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before, but I've not seen it.

Here's my dilemma:

Accepted at a school and they require a deposit by January 15.

I have an interview at another school that I'd like to go to more than the one I've been accepted to on January 30.

Is it bad form to put a deposit down at a school to hold a spot while hoping to get into another school?

And I do understand that the deposit is non-refundable and I'll lose the $$$ if I don't attend.

Members don't see this ad.

i don't think it's bad, i actually think it's pretty common. good luck!

well u are holding up a spot that someone else who really wants to go to that school could use. but if u have no other backup, then maybe u should

Members don't see this ad :)
there is no problem placing more than one deposit -- you earned that right! many schools even offer full or partial refunds up to a certain date. it is a big decision, give yourself time to look at your options and think it over.

it's not bad... you're just losin' the $$$$$ :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

and, you're not the only one!

No question. Put down the money.

Definitely put your deposit down. Who is to say that you will be accepted to the other school? This is a major decision...and one that you will have to deal with for the rest of your life. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with putting down a deposit and later on changing your mind if another/better offer comes along. Good Luck!

Crest said:
Definitely put your deposit down. Who is to say that you will be accepted to the other school? This is a major decision...and one that you will have to deal with for the rest of your life. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with putting down a deposit and later on changing your mind if another/better offer comes along. Good Luck!

You better believe you put a deposit down.......whats a deposit of 500....1000.....2000.....you've worked so hard....why risk it......i put a deposit down for one school and have an interview coming up soon....i saved my spot in case that school does not work out.....im still not sure what school i would choose but thats why you buy more time......literally