Deposit Deadline Passed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dachS10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I was wondering about a deposit deadline. I interviewed at KCUMB on September 28 and was offered a seat in the class the following week. The deadline for the $1000 deposit passed in December and I did not send the money for the deposit. I couldn't scrounge $1000 for the deposit and was waiting on other interviews and acceptances, thus making me rather unsure if I wanted to borrow money from my parents to put the deposit down. Does anyone know if there is any way that I could contact KCUMB and try to place the deposit to hold a seat now? They sent me a letter saying the deposit deadline passed, thus the committee chose to withdraw the offer. I know it's late now, but my mind is pretty set now, unfortunately that deadline passed a while back.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You should have asked for an extension back then. I'm guessing since the offer was withdrawn, that ship has sailed.

Best thing you can do now is call them and beg.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why should I wait til wed afternoon?

dachS10 said:
Hi all,
I was wondering about a deposit deadline. I interviewed at KCUMB on September 28 and was offered a seat in the class the following week. The deadline for the $1000 deposit passed in December and I did not send the money for the deposit. I couldn't scrounge $1000 for the deposit and was waiting on other interviews and acceptances, thus making me rather unsure if I wanted to borrow money from my parents to put the deposit down. Does anyone know if there is any way that I could contact KCUMB and try to place the deposit to hold a seat now? They sent me a letter saying the deposit deadline passed, thus the committee chose to withdraw the offer. I know it's late now, but my mind is pretty set now, unfortunately that deadline passed a while back.

Thanks.

I doubt there is anything you can do now. I just sent my second deposit that was due 3/15. You didn't respond to their letter about not sending in your deposit and it is nearing 4 mos. since then. I would have borrowed the money to secure my seat--but hind site is 20/20. If you do give them a call, let us know what they said. I'm curious.

Question: Why bother applying if you don't have a way to secure a seat? Seems like a futile effort.

Answer: Didn't know the deposit was $1000 and had other acceptances/interviews, so I couldn't decide at that point in time with the amount of money I had.

Do you still have possible acceptances elsewhere? I highly doubt KCUMB will re-extend their offer. But there are plenty of other great schools.

dachS10 said:
Answer: Didn't know the deposit was $1000 and had other acceptances/interviews, so I couldn't decide at that point in time with the amount of money I had.

wow, you gambled your life away on a mere $1000? i'm holding 3 spots, $2000 each, just because i cannot decide what school i want to attend. good luck

gottalovemilk said:
wow, you gambled your life away on a mere $1000? i'm holding 3 spots, $2000 each, just because i cannot decide what school i want to attend. good luck

gottalovemilk... when do DO schools know that you are holding multiple spots??? I'm planning to hold a spot as well (can't decide) and just wanted to know... thanks

gottalovemilk said:
I couldn't imagine dropping six grand becasue I wasn't sure what I wanted. Is it just me and my stream lined thought process or do some people put too much thought and money into the method of picking a school? I mean it's picking a school, not a spouse. In all seriousness if I was actually so torn between three schools I would do something like make a dart board, or play paper rock scissors with someone, or set some pop cans up with the school names attached by someone else, shoot two down and go to the pop can still standing. Am I alone in this simple laid back view?

Redneck said:
I couldn't imagine dropping six grand becasue I wasn't sure what I wanted. Is it just me and my stream lined thought process or do some people put too much thought and money into the method of picking a school? I mean it's picking a school, not a spouse. In all seriousness if I was actually so torn between three schools I would do something like make a dart board, or play paper rock scissors with someone, or set some pop cans up with the school names attached by someone else, shoot two down and go to the pop can still standing. Am I alone in this simple laid back view?

No, you are not alone. GET'R DONE!

So I am curious, dachS10, did you call them? What did they say? If you are accpted elsewhere why does it matter?

rockchalkdoc said:
So I am curious, dachS10, did you call them? What did they say? If you are accpted elsewhere why does it matter?

I called them. I was told to send her an email (exec. director of something? not really sure) and she would present it to her supervisor. She said call back in a week if I didn't hear by then. So if I don't hear today, I'll call them Monday to see what the dealio is.

And yes, I have acceptances elsewhere. I just like KC more as a potential place to live. I'm probably going to take a Navy HPSP as well, so I figure I might as well spend the most money possible and go where I want to go. :laugh: