Deposit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajaholick

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Have a question about the deposit deadline (Dec 15th?)
If I dont pay the deposit for a certain school, will they automatically give my seat to someone else? Or am I just running that risk?
The reason I ask is I'll be interviewing at CCOM nov 14th and will find out hopefully well before the 15th deadline. But I'm also holding out for a PCOM interview and I'm pretty sure I wont get a decision there before the 15th.

Members don't see this ad.

From VCOM's acceptance letter:

Failure to submit your tuition deposit by the date listed above (15th) will automatically relinquish your seat in the class.

PCOM:

To confirm your place in the Class of 2013, we must receiv a non-refundable $250 tuition prepayment by Dec 15, 2008.

Members don't see this ad :)
dang...better start harassing pcom about an interview...
i may test them out using an alias first
how about CBear

me: hi I wanted to check the status of my application
Grumpy PCOM lady: ok whats your last name
me: bear
Grumpy PCOM lady:....
me: INTERVIEW ME INTERVIEW ME INTERVIEW ME

me: hi I wanted to check the status of my application
Grumpy PCOM lady: ok whats your last name
me: bear
Grumpy PCOM lady:....
me: INTERVIEW ME INTERVIEW ME INTERVIEW ME

Sounds foolproof. However, in the rare case that it doesn't work, just ask Bacchus for the deposit money you're worried about.

If you dont pay the deposit, you will lose the acceptance.

And another question that comes up each year - deposits are NON refundable. Dont stop payments on these checks. Schools talk to each other!!!

Yep, that's why I already sent in my deposit. It kind of sucks, because if I get interviews elsewhere after Dec. 15th, I'm not going to them because I already paid a deposit somewhere else. And unless you have money to throw away on deposits, then where ever you put your deposit is pretty much where you're going to go.

Yep, that's why I already sent in my deposit. It kind of sucks, because if I get interviews elsewhere after Dec. 15th, I'm not going to them because I already paid a deposit somewhere else. And unless you have money to throw away on deposits, then where ever you put your deposit is pretty much where you're going to go.

Yeah that's usually the case. However, if there is a really compelling reason to want to go to a different school after putting a deposit down somewhere else, I'd get a credit card and budget to pay it off with the first student loan check. If it's $1000, think about it as $3000 in the end. So, with a physician's salary in mind, you ask yourself if it's worth $3000 to go to the school with the later interview. If it would be, then attend it, put down your deposit, and write off the loss as about 0.5% of your total education costs.

It's all about cost:benefit.

Yeah that's usually the case. However, if there is a really compelling reason to want to go to a different school after putting a deposit down somewhere else, I'd get a credit card and budget to pay it off with the first student loan check. If it's $1000, think about it as $3000 in the end. So, with a physician's salary in mind, you ask yourself if it's worth $3000 to go to the school with the later interview. If it would be, then attend it, put down your deposit, and write off the loss as about 0.5% of your total education costs.

It's all about cost:benefit.

True true. I'm just really glad I got accepted to the school I wanted to go. I applied to 10 schools. Heard back from the 3 that offered me interviews, and got accepted at 2, and canceled one interview. I haven't even heard back from the other 7...lol. Oh well. But I wanted WVSOM, and I'm glad I heard back from them quickly.

True true. I'm just really glad I got accepted to the school I wanted to go. I applied to 10 schools. Heard back from the 3 that offered me interviews, and got accepted at 2, and canceled one interview. I haven't even heard back from the other 7...lol. Oh well. But I wanted WVSOM, and I'm glad I heard back from them quickly.

Sounds like things worked out perfectly, then! In that case, I'd withdraw from the other schools to minimize the potential "should I, shouldn't I" syndrome that many of us early applicants tend to face. ;)

Sounds like things worked out perfectly, then! In that case, I'd withdraw from the other schools to minimize the potential "should I, shouldn't I" syndrome that many of us early applicants tend to face. ;)

Lol, I'm just curious what other schools will give me an interview. Just for shi ts and giggles.