Deposits due soon! CCOM or RVUCOM.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My vote is for RVU. Also had to decide between the two (and others), and I am choosing to go to RVU.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It doesn't matter. Go to where you think you'll be more successful academically and in general happier. For all intents and purposes, DO schools are all viewed as the same with the exception of in their immediate region.

If it were me, I'd go to RVU because its closer to home and cheaper (plus the versatile 4th year helps). That said, I hate the trend in for-profit med schools. Sure, we can argue that they're all making money off of you, but the difference is that its the clear defined goal of one to improve the bottomline/make the owners and shareholders money whereas the other's goal is to improve the institution, even if it indirectly lines admins pockets.

It doesn't matter. Go to where you think you'll be more successful academically and in general happier. For all intents and purposes, DO schools are all viewed as the same with the exception of in their immediate region.

If it were me, I'd go to RVU because its closer to home and cheaper (plus the versatile 4th year helps). That said, I hate the trend in for-profit med schools. Sure, we can argue that they're all making money off of you, but the difference is that its the clear defined goal of one to improve the bottomline/make the owners and shareholders money whereas the other's goal is to improve the institution, even if it indirectly lines admins pockets.

Pretty sure the OP has made his/her decision already as this was posted months ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone explain how RVUCOM is a for profit school but still has tuition $14,000 less per year than CCOM?

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone explain how RVUCOM is a for profit school but still has tuition $14,000 less per year than CCOM?
Because people seem to have a hard time grasping that "for profit" is not a bad thing, and has very little to do with how it ultimately effects the students. Find me a school that isn't for profit where the president and other administrators aren't frantically trying to line their own pockets as best they can.

Reactions: 4 users
There are none. Chicago is dope. In fact, I have no idea how anyone could like denver more than chicago. Denver is like a village compared to chicago. Denver is boring. Seattle >>>>>>> Any city in California>>>>>> Denver/ Baton Rouge.
I'm from Seattle and I enjoy Denver the same if not more.

Clearly the art of hyperbole is lost on certain forum members. Solid work.
It sounds so much more interesting when it's your own opinion about which city you like better, huh

Maybe you should add *exageration* afterwards then. Otherwise you make the wrong impression.
Maybe, but who cares? It's a freaking anonymous website. Maybe one coughcough shouldn't assume. After all, you know what they say when you assume....

It was definitely a tough decision. I was also selected off the wait-list at WesternCOMP in Pomona, my state DO program, which complicated the decision even more. In the end I chose RVU for a variety of reasons but, most importantly, because of "fit" during my interactions with faculty and students. Sorry to disappoint @Goro and others. I think CCOM is also a wonderful program located in an awesome city. If anyone wants any more details feel free to message me and I would be more than willing to give you details.

To future students, my advice is to apply as broadly as financially possible and attend all your interviews, even if you are accepted to a program. Also, if you are accepted to multiple programs, visiting the school a second time is a great way to get a more genuine understanding of the campus and community. You will potentially be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to these institutions and the least you can do is have "a second look."

Reactions: 3 users
It was definitely a tough decision. I was also selected off the wait-list at WesternCOMP in Pomona, my state DO program, which complicated the decision even more. In the end I chose RVU for a variety of reasons but, most importantly, because of "fit" during my interactions with faculty and students. Sorry to disappoint @Goro and others. I think CCOM is also a wonderful program located in an awesome city. If anyone wants any more details feel free to message me and I would be more than willing to give you details.

To future students, my advice is to apply as broadly as financially possible and attend all your interviews, even if you are accepted to a program. Also, if you are accepted to multiple programs, visiting the school a second time is a great way to get a more genuine understanding of the campus and community. You will potentially be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to these institutions and the least you can do is have "a second look."
Be sure to get on the class of 2020 Facebook page. Many of us are planning a hike the week before orientation!