Deposits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YayPudding

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know that deposit deadlines are usually in mid-December for D.O. programs. Does this mean that one's offer/seat is held until then? Can I hold off on putting down any deposits until December 15th/whatever specific date?

Members don't see this ad.

Depend on school. Some school requires deposit in 2-3 weeks of notice of acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
What if one cannot get the amount of money in time and is dead-set on attending the school? Do they offer monthly rates with a down payment lol

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What if one cannot get the amount of money in time and is dead-set on attending the school? Do they offer monthly rates with a down payment lol
You should call very early to find out. Don't wait until a week before the deadline.

I think parents unfortunately absorb this cost sometimes. Heard of some students that were waiting on their #1 school with four other acceptances and put down deposits at each one.

Depend on school. Some school requires deposit in 2-3 weeks of notice of acceptance
I see, but the ones that I have been accepted to list a deadline of December 14. Is the seat guaranteed until this date at which point I must put down a deposit?

I think parents unfortunately absorb this cost sometimes. Heard of some students that were waiting on their #1 school with four other acceptances and put down deposits at each one.
Never understood this. Why not choose the favorite from among the four?

Never understood this. Why not choose the favorite from among the four?

Don't know. I'm in the same situation as you lol with the Dec. 14 deadline.

DMU is awesome, congrats

DMU was pretty sweet. Heading to MSUCOM next friday which I'm super pumped about due to their big ten resources. Where's your acceptancE?

DMU was pretty sweet. Heading to MSUCOM next friday which I'm super pumped about due to their big ten resources. Where's your acceptancE?
WVSOM, LMU-DCOM, CCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that LECOM is 30 days after finding out acceptance but to answer your question, in theory your seat is held until after the deadline.

The AACOMAS is just a guideline. Schools can do whatever they want.

Well for some schools it doesn't. I know BCOM has a 30 day period even if you are accepted in early September.

Def. didn't know that! Interesting.