Deposits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm47

Just keep running...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
U.S. Medical schools refund your deposit if you withdraw from the school after an acceptance. Why don't Pharmacy schools? What's the deal?!?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand this either, they have plenty of people on the waiting list to replace you if you change your mind. But at the same time they know there are plenty of people to take your place if you don't want to make the deposit. It is crazy that some deposits are 2000 and then there are schools with 200 dollar deposits. Why such a diversity?

Yeah...I don't understand the difference either! I had to put down a grand...that's a lot of $$ to part with when you're not sure whether it will go to good use or not!!

I guess they want to dissuade people from "accepting" a bunch of offers, only to give them up at the last minute (August), thus causing a scramble on the waitlist. But if med schools got around this problem, whey can't pharm schools? Boo.

I agree... with having to pay money to PharmCAS and supplemental fees to each school, do we really have to lay out $1000 for a deposit too?

It's insane... :(