deposits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cschellh

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! :oops: :D

I was curious about the deposits you need to put down and how long you generally have before you have to put them down (after you're accepted of course!) Some schools I'll be applying to are--

Wayne
Ferris
Lipscomb
Belmont
Wingate
Shendandoah
Hilo (Hawaii)

If anyone can give me a specific amount for any school.. that would be awesome!!! =D My boyfriend and I will be applying together, so it is very likely that we will have to put down deposits to save our places, and I'm trying to figure out how much it'll be roughly! Thanks everyone!!!

Crystal :p

Members don't see this ad.

Wingate gives you 10 days from the date of the letter. It's $2000 too by the way.

Wingate gives you 10 days from the date of the letter. It's $2000 too by the way.

OMG!!!!!! that is insane. who can afford that? lol.

So, I'm assuming you got accepted, would you mind sharing your stats? They seem nice since I've been emailing them..

Members don't see this ad :)
For Hawaii you have two weeks from the day you receive the acceptance, I believe this means the day you receive the email. I didn't get the actual letter till a week later but it was dated near the day I got the email. The deposit is $500

For Hawaii you have two weeks from the day you receive the acceptance, I believe this means the day you receive the email. I didn't get the actual letter till a week later but it was dated near the day I got the email. The deposit is $500

That doesn't sound too bad, comparatively speaking. But geez, you have like no time to figure out what you want to do. Thx! :cool:

shenandoah is a $1000 deposit
but the upside is they give you more than a month to put that money down

yeah, the deposit for Wingate is 2000 due 10 business days from date of acceptance letter and Shenandoah's is 1000. I was accepted to Shenandoah in early December and was given until March 15th to send the deposit. If you are curious about deposits for other schools, usually you can find the info on the individual school pages on PharmCAS or the schools' websites.

yeah, the deposit for Wingate is 2000 due 10 business days from date of acceptance letter and Shenandoah's is 1000. I was accepted to Shenandoah in early December and was given until March 15th to send the deposit. If you are curious about deposits for other schools, usually you can find the info on the individual school pages on PharmCAS or the schools' websites.

Awesome! Thanks! So Wow, so you have ~3 months to put your deposit down for Shenandoah? That's good to know. Where are you going?

Soo...

Shenandoah- $1000
Wingate - 2000
Hilo $500
Wayne?
Lipscomb?
Belmont?
Ferris?

THANKS!

Shenandoah- $1000
Wingate - 2000
Hilo $500
Wayne - $1000
Lipscomb - $700
Belmont - $ 500

Ferris?

from PharmCAS

Shenandoah- $1000
Wingate - 2000
Hilo $500
Wayne - $1000
Lipscomb - $700
Belmont - $ 500

Ferris?

from PharmCAS

Wow, awesome, thanks. Yeah, Ferris doesn't go through pharmcas, so I'll look on their site or email Tara. I appreciate it =) Do people generally take out loans to apply? lol.

Wow, awesome, thanks. Yeah, Ferris doesn't go through pharmcas, so I'll look on their site or email Tara. I appreciate it =) Do people generally take out loans to apply? lol.

Seeing that you're in Michigan, can I ask why you didn't apply to U of M? I'm deciding whether or not to attend..is there something bad I don't know about?

Seeing that you're in Michigan, can I ask why you didn't apply to U of M? I'm deciding whether or not to attend..is there something bad I don't know about?

Oh, not at all! My bf and I are both applying to 10 schools, so we're trying to apply to schools that we have the best possibilities of getting in. U of M has a really low rate of accepting people from CC's, and most of my credits are from a CC, so the chances are slim for me. I know lots of people that had an undergrad education there, and they seemed to like it. I've been up there a few times as well, and i thought it was pretty nice!

Go for it, great education =):cool: