Depressed about nbme 19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docstep1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took nbme 19 and got a 234. Have exams in 3 weeks. I need to cross 240+. Mainly because I'm an IMG and I need a 240+.

At this point what are my chances.
How am I supposed to utilise my next three weeks?

Pls do share Ur advice.

Just feeling too low.

Members don't see this ad.

How have your other practice scores been?

NBME 19 has been stated, multiple times on this forum, to have the most harshest curve. Multitudes of people went on to score higher on the real thing than their NBME 19.

Take another practice exam, it will give you a better clue where you are at.

How have your other practice scores been?

NBME 19 has been stated, multiple times on this forum, to have the most harshest curve. Multitudes of people went on to score higher on the real thing than their NBME 19.

Take another practice exam, it will give you a better clue where you are at.
I got a 242 in nbme 15 10 days ago.....I have exactly 25 days for the D day... planning to run through FA and uworld again.... Hoping to tk another nbme form exam after 10 days...

I got a 242 in nbme 15 10 days ago.....I have exactly 25 days for the D day... planning to run through FA and uworld again.... Hoping to tk another nbme form exam after 10 days...

Make sure you take 17 and/or 18, this will give you a better idea of where you are at. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
My nbme 19 was a 244. Real score: 239.

I’m probably from the 1% who ended up scoring lower. Point is, dont freak out and do 17/18.

Make sure you take 17 and/or 18, this will give you a better idea of where you are at. Good luck!
Thanku. That's what I'm planning to do.
Next 10-12 days I wanna grind FA. And do uworld blocks random mode. 3 per day. I hope this will work.
My nbme 19 was a 244. Real score: 239.

I’m probably from the 1% who ended up scoring lower. Point is, dont freak out and do 17/18.
I just hoping I do see a significant increase in score in 3.5 weeks. I don't know if 3.5 weeks is enough to make it 240+.

bro you don't need to just cross 240, you need to hit it out of the ballpark if you want a shot at a half decent residency. The mean Step 1 score is trending higher and higher each passing year. 3.5 weeks of dedicated study is more than enough to push your score in 250 territory. It just depends on how you study and if you're utilizing the resources available to you to the fullest.

Reactions: 1 user
The mean Step 1 score is trending higher and higher each passing year. 3.5 weeks of dedicated study is more than enough to push your score in 250 territory. It just depends on how you study and if you're utilizing the resources available to you to the fullest.

Agreed. Three weeks is plenty of time to memorize more testable material from FA

FWIW, the mean Step 1 score dropped one point in 2016 year. It will be interesting to see what the mean score was for 2017. Continual decline in mean scores?

Step 1
Calendar Year Mean (SD)
2014 229 (20)
2015 229 (20)
2016 228 (21)

http://www.usmle.org/pdfs/transcripts/USMLE_Step_Examination_Score_Interpretation_Guidelines.pdf