Dept Chair of Anesthesiology at Jefferson makes a ruling: ignore the red response

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Jeff Glassdoor

MDA - 274K (Nov 2021)
Hospitalist - 177K-240K (Nov 2021)

If you are a CRNA in Philadelphia your making 170-250K +/- overtime per gaswork. Plus you know some of these people are calling in sick and have second gigs too.
Which idiot is signing on for 274k right now. Where I am that would be VERY part time. Starting salaries now are around 450 with opportunities to easily make significantly more....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
When I was in residency I knew a CRNA that worked part time with us to fill in schedule gaps and had at least two other gigs. 12 hour days x 5 and she was banking at least 400s.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
we need more people like this guy. the problem is there are too many anesthesiologists ive met who BRAGS (and exaggerates IMO) about how easy their job is and how much free time they have in the OR. its really annoying

Reactions: 1 users
we need more people like this guy. the problem is there are too many anesthesiologists ive met who BRAGS (and exaggerates IMO) about how easy their job is and how much free time they have in the OR. its really annoying
Yes I run into too some who think they are "above" being in the room and performing anesthesia - as if they graduated out of the OR once they finished residency. Very odd.

Personally I trained to be an anesthesiologist... to be an anesthesiologist.

Reactions: 3 users
Wow 275k low for mid tier academic program. Doubt it is that low

why would it not be that low? That’s what you get when you have 4 med schools in a 20 mile radius all of which have their own dedicated residency programs and 2-3 dominant players in the system that all want their share of cheap labor. Cities are fun…being exploited for years and years isn’t.