Derm Board Q banks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
DermQBank, AAD Board Prep Plus, DIR, Derm101 qbank

Any others? Favorites (DIR/AAD Board prep seem to be the best two to my knowledge)? And has anyone tried DermQBank and is it worth purchasing?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the issue is that the exam is changing after this upcoming year, so who knows what will be the best resources. For the current exam - The AAD Board Prep just came out when I took boards, and it's generally the best quality of questions. DIR has a lot of small "facts" and is the go-to for the ITE exam (also getting eliminated after this year). I would say many residents use the Boards Vitals questions - though I found those to be mediocre at best. For surgery, def just go through the ASDS Q-Bank 2-3 times (it's free). PathPresenter has great unknowns to prepare for the path portion.

My advice for boards is just to study hard for the ITE - the current Board Exam is very similar to the ITE. Also expect to get lots of questions you have no idea about. They make it hard. So sad (or happy?) future residents won't have the common bond of sitting for boards at a random hotel / office building in Tampa.

General Review Banks: AAD Board Prep > DIR > Boards Vitals.
Surgery: ASDS QBank
Dermpath: PathPresenter

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Meanwhile mid levels don’t have to demonstrate any kind of mastery and will soon reimburse at the same rate as physicians

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user