Derm Research/fellowship

Started by smohamma
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

smohamma

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I am 3rd year osteopathic med student and I have been interested in derm for a long time. I know how competitive they are and I have been just thinking of the various things I can do to build up application. I was wondering if anyone knew programs that allowed 4th years to do research rotations. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Currently I am in florida. Also, I will be applying to osteopathic internships -- and then osteo derm programs.

Thanks for your help!
 
Yes it does, but currently no research is on-going opened to medical students. Unfortunately, unlike allopathic programs, osteopathic programs (in most places) don't have a lot of research opportunities. So if I really want something I am going to have to find it for myself.