Derm Resident leaving Eye Residency for Derm?

Started by digidesign
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

digidesign

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I heard a rumor that a student turned down the Bascom Palmer Eye Inst. in Miami to take a derm residency. Is this true? If so, where is the person doing derm? thanks!
 
Hi - yes, this person was a classmate of mine in med school. It is true! Amazing (I am going into ophtho), but true.
 
The person decided during their intern year that they wanted to do derm instead of ophtho. The person then took a year off and did research. I don't think it was anything against ophtho - it was more a personal interest in derm. Decent, bright person all around.