dermato-plastics?

T

thegreenlight

Considering that fact that there is dermatopathology, pediatric dermatology, psychodermatology, pediatric plastic surgery, facial plastics, oculoplastics, etc, why isn't there a dermatoplastics? I would have thought that that would be an obvious combination, but I guess not.

About the Ads

Domperidon

10+ Year Member
May 23, 2008
  1. Resident [Any Field]

bananamed

10+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2008
  1. Resident [Any Field]
In some western European countries there is a kind of fellowship that leads to the title of "plastic dermatologist".

http://web.uniroma2.it/modules.php?name=Content&action=showpage&content_id=3637&section_id=2263

The overlapping with cosmetic plastic surgery is inevitable...basically if you wanted a tummy tuck or a tuba, you could go see your derm instead of your plastic guy. Maybe something alike will be introduced in the US...

I highly doubt it. Dermatologists are not offered that kind of surgical training during their residency.

Perhaps as part of a fellowship but most of the academic dermatologists in charge do not wish to see the field course in that direction.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.