Dermatology fellowships for img

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tanush

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
dear all,
I am an Indian dermatologist.i am interested in pursuing a dermatology fellowship in USA before i return to my country. Can anyone help me how to approach.I have not appeared for USMLE and i want to know if there are positions offered to IMG s without appearing in USMLE?
THANK YOU

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is no USMLE = no license = no fellowship.

thanks you so much for the reply..
I was going thru some fwship like the cosmetic dermatology fwship offered by Dr.LESLIE BAUMANN in Florida for IMG s...Does not require a USMLE.....Any similar things known to anyone?

thanks you so much for the reply..
I was going thru some fwship like the cosmetic dermatology fwship offered by Dr.LESLIE BAUMANN in Florida for IMG s...Does not require a USMLE.....Any similar things known to anyone?

This does not make any sense. If you want to be a cosmetic dermatologist, you don't need a fellowship for one. You can set up shop somewhere and have a derm spa or something. However, if you don't have a license in the US, you can't be a dermatologist-cosmetic or not. If you want to get into a derm residency in the US, it will be next to impossible for an IMG, especially as others have explained to you with no USMLE. If you want to be a cosmetic dermatology in a different country, it would make sense for you to train in that country, unless your intent is to say that you trained in the US which would be kind of deceitful imo. But none of this really makes sense.