• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

xaelia

neenlet
15+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2002
Christchurch, NZ
emlitofnote.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Some of you, if you were premeds in the recent past, may know me from my launch of MDapplicants.com four years ago, a site for premedical students applying to medical school. I've had enough requests for it that I've reengineered it for residency applicants, and I've added dermatology to the database today.

It's essentially an anonymous, user-supported, site that allows current and past residency applicants to share their experiences - statistics, interviews, and feedback on the process - with future applicants. The critical point of a site like this, as I learned with MDapplicants.com, is can take at least a year to wheedle enough contributions that it becomes a self-sustaining resource, and this is just the beginning. I would like to invite all current and prior applicants to dermatology to contribute to this site in the interests of helping those who come after you. This site is completely free, completely anonymous, etc., etc. A few minutes of your time in the coming weeks or after match day will be very valuable to your future colleagues in this stressful process.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs/issues with the site; it's still fairly young, but it's been operating for Ophthalmology since the early match, and there shouldn't be any showstoppers remaining. There will be an integrated interface to add programs or edit program information in the near future; for now, you're welcome to PM me or e-mail the contacts on the site.

Thanks to all who contributed!

swampthing

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Some of you, if you were premeds in the recent past, may know me from my launch of MDapplicants.com four years ago, a site for premedical students applying to medical school. I've had enough requests for it that I've reengineered it for residency applicants, and I've added dermatology to the database today.

It's essentially an anonymous, user-supported, site that allows current and past residency applicants to share their experiences - statistics, interviews, and feedback on the process - with future applicants. The critical point of a site like this, as I learned with MDapplicants.com, is can take at least a year to wheedle enough contributions that it becomes a self-sustaining resource, and this is just the beginning. I would like to invite all current and prior applicants to dermatology to contribute to this site in the interests of helping those who come after you. This site is completely free, completely anonymous, etc., etc. A few minutes of your time in the coming weeks or after match day will be very valuable to your future colleagues in this stressful process.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs/issues with the site; it's still fairly young, but it's been operating for Ophthalmology since the early match, and there shouldn't be any showstoppers remaining. There will be an integrated interface to add programs or edit program information in the near future; for now, you're welcome to PM me or e-mail the contacts on the site.

Thanks to all who contributed!

SWEET! I like the concept and I like how the info is presented on the website...it's user friendly...and your info can remain anonymous :thumbup:

This is a potential informative website for future Derm applicants...we just need past and current Derm applicants to post their data :thumbup: ...knowing is half the battle :D

About the Ads

MD2B34310

Nov 8, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Is dermatology an early-application specialty? Does anyone know, roughly, when the deadline begins?

Thank you

doc84

7+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
not an early match. deadline mostly end of Oct/early Nov

About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.