Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been practicing in internal medicine for 4 years now and I want to go back and train in dermatology. I am looking for a little advice...My stats from med school are decent (top 10 med school, mostly honors but no AOA, >235 on boards), my recs from my residency PD at a top 10 IM program and from my boss when I practiced in academics would be outstanding, but currently I don't have any recs from dermatologists. In the years I have been out I have been a clinician educator and have worked in the inner city (no private practice), which is what I want to continue doing except as a dermatologist, which is actually true. Should I even try applying this year or would I not even get interviews because of no derm recs? If I were able to do a 2 week rotation with a derm program (using my vacation time from work), is it rude to ask for a letter of rec after only 2 weeks? Any help appreciated.