Dermatoscope suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DermResident

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any input on which dermatoscope to get would be appreciated. Are the more expensive ones worth getting?

Members don't see this ad.

Any input on which dermatoscope to get would be appreciated. Are the more expensive ones worth getting?

Does your program recommend a certain one? I would probably just get the one that everyone else has.

If there isn't a recommendation, I used the Dermlite DL100 as a resident and found it to be more than adequate (although not everyone agrees here). If you mention you're a resident, they will offer a discount.

The DL3 provides a significantly better image but I don't think the price is worthwhile (and I understand there's a DL4 out now too)

The DL200HR might be the best compromise as it offers the larger viewing windows seen on the DL3 and DL4 models but undercuts them slightly on price. The reason I didn't go with this as a resident is because there is a significant jump in price from the DL100 to the DL200.

Reactions: 1 user