dermpath text

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sapience8x

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can you recomend a good dermpath text for my 4th year dermpath rotation please? I will probably try to check it out of the library unless it is affordable. then i might buy it.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

sapience8x said:
can you recomend a good dermpath text for my 4th year dermpath rotation please? I will probably try to check it out of the library unless it is affordable. then i might buy it.
Thanks!

Get Rapini's book if you want to have a quick and handy reference during sign outs. This would be best too for a 1-month rotation.

If you want a good reference text to read, get Barnhill's book - excellent for beginners. Weedon is good to buy only when you are further into your training.

I also particularly like McKee's book - I personally think it is the best Dermpath text currently out there. The clinical pictures that accompany the histology are excellent and obviate the need for you to refer to a clinical Derm text (like Bolognia or Andrews or Fitzpatrick) while reading path (which is essential if you are serious about learning Dermpath).