Des Moines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Munchkin6245

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has interviewed or lives in Des Moines, do you suggest I rent a car or take a taxi from the airport to my hotel/and DMU?

Members don't see this ad.

The best bet would be to just stay with one of the students on the list that the Admission office sends (and cheapest), however if you'd feel more comfortable staying at a hotel, etc......there are plenty of nice ones right near the airport and I believe they also send a list of hotels that provide shuttle service to and from the airport and even one that will go to the school (I think the Baymont might be one), but regardless you'll be no more than 10 or 15 mins. from the school. Oh and if you do stay with a student I think several of them will try and pick you up/drop you off, etc. from the airport and stuff.....hope it helps....

Josh

I booked Heartland Inn for something like $50+ (I don't remember how much it was but it was cheap). They are really nice people and they said they have a driver that hangs out there to give rides to the school, airport, ect. They gave me a 1800 number to call from the airport to get picked up. Pretty good deal and possibly a good option for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I stayed right near there.....it looks pretty nice and they have free wireless internet!!!......Anyways good luck to both of you...

Either way would work. Des Moines is a really cheap place.

Ditto. Cheap and full of nice people. Congrats, Munchkin!!

PM me if you have any DMU-related interview questions.

Munchkin6245 said:
For anyone who has interviewed or lives in Des Moines, do you suggest I rent a car or take a taxi from the airport to my hotel/and DMU?

When are you interviewing Munchkin?