Deschutes

Started by LADoc00
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I visited your homeland: the Deschutes park in the Eastern Cascades of Oregon, outside of Bend:
deschutes_basin_map.png
 
I was with some hardcore fly-fishing types but mainly hiked around, taking in the surroundings. Very impressive. Im going to have explore more of Oregon now. There is a fairly sizable group of pathologists in Bend if you are ever inclined to return to the mothership.
 
I was with some hardcore fly-fishing types but mainly hiked around, taking in the surroundings. Very impressive. Im going to have explore more of Oregon now. There is a fairly sizable group of pathologists in Bend if you are ever inclined to return to the mothership.

Damn, the secret's out now! The LADoc00 groupies are gonna flock! 😉

Just kidding. I'm not from there. I just like the area and have used "deschutes" as a handle for a long time.

Back when I didn't live on this landmass and IRC was not the mess it is now, some random person cornered me because "Deschutes" was the codename for the (then) next big thing: the second-generation Pentium II chip.