Describe your personality

Started by jemc2000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jemc2000

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am stumped. I know I am an idiot for not having finished my application yet, but I can not figure out how to describe my personality. I'm sure they don't want to hear how compassionate and "think outside the box" I am but I don't know what they want there. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not allowing myself food until this is submitted so quick help would also be appreciated. 😳
 
just be honest, what is your personlity like? I don't think you have to make something up to "look good"

what makes a good pharmacist in my opinion: personable, friendly, attention to detail, willing to go out of their way for customers, accurate,

for pharmacy school you need to be driven, motivated, intellectual, and interested in what you are doing.
 
I guess my hold up is it looks like a grocery list.

I'm compassionate, tolerant, hard-working, even tempered ...... blah blah blah.

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

I'm going crazy. I hate talking about myself.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know exactly what you are going through!!! I told myself my deadline to submit my application was December 31st...and I still am in the process of "discussing how I will contribute to the student body diversity". UGH!!! Oh, and I am still stuck on "what motivated you to apply to X University". Now that sounds like a grocery list! Perhaps you could describe one or two instances where your positive characteristics (compassionate, mature, motivated, etc) came into light. Don't worry...it is going to sound great!
 
Try expanding on your traits so it doesn't sound like a laundry list.

For example, you said you're compassionate. This means you care about others and go out of your way to help them. You are not happy sitting idly by when you know someone is in need.

You also said you are hard working. This means you are dedicated to the tasks you undertake and follow them through until they are completed correctly.

Good luck!
 
OSURxgirl said:
Try expanding on your traits so it doesn't sound like a laundry list.

For example, you said you're compassionate. This means you care about others and go out of your way to help them. You are not happy sitting idly by when you know someone is in need.

You also said you are hard working. This means you are dedicated to the tasks you undertake and follow them through until they are completed correctly.

Good luck!

I agree with this post. Also, you should elaborate with specific examples. It sounds really generic if you don't give examples of things you've done that show your compassion, work ethic, or whatever you decide to write about. That will really give the admissions committee a picture of your personality and allow them to get to know you better, which is what they want to do!