design for vision loupe frames

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Franklo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions for loupe frames. I've heard a lot of people getting nike frames as well as the steam frames. To me the steam frames look like they would be lighter. Does anyone have experience with either (or any of the frame types from DFV really)?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The people I know who bought dfv loupes tended to go for the Nike frames. Your school should have reps come to your school. Loupes are unique and are made for the individual. What one person likes may not be what you make like. Best way to find out what you like and works for you is to meet up with a dfv rep and try some frames on for yourself.

I have 2 pairs of DFV. I currently use the steam frame 3.5x. its very light weight. try it on. oh yea, I use a lumadent light too.

My recommendation would be orascoptic loupes with magnification and led lights. Look for the design that have rechargeable batteries at the end of the loupe arms. You will be amazed the difference in comfort with this counterweight design on relieving the weight or pressure on the bridge of your nose. This is particularly useful for ethnic groups without large nose bridge anatomy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk