Designers questions for Orthopedic Surgeons

Started by Product09
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Product09

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an Industrial designer at a Design Consultancy. We have a current project that involves Orthopedics and are trying to get a better understanding of the types of products surgeons enjoy using outside of the OR. If you could take a few moments and answer the questions bellow, I would greatly appreciate your help.
What made you decide to specialize in Orthopedics?
What do you do in your spare time after work(Hobbies)?
What type of a car(s) do you drive/own?
What types of brands do you like to purchase/use and why?
What is your favorite brand?
Thank you all for your time, I know this is kind of an unusual post... Just trying to get a better bearing on what Orthopedic Surgeons like.
 
I am an Industrial designer at a Design Consultancy. We have a current project that involves Orthopedics and are trying to get a better understanding of the types of products surgeons enjoy using outside of the OR. If you could take a few moments and answer the questions bellow, I would greatly appreciate your help.
What made you decide to specialize in Orthopedics?
What do you do in your spare time after work(Hobbies)?
What type of a car(s) do you drive/own?
What types of brands do you like to purchase/use and why?
What is your favorite brand?
Thank you all for your time, I know this is kind of an unusual post... Just trying to get a better bearing on what Orthopedic Surgeons like.

Try a market research firm. To get good answers, most busy physicians expect to be compensated for their time.
 
Being that you took the time to reply you must not be a busy physician. It is way more accurate to get information from the source instead of going through a third party. The idea was to give physicians a chance to influence a product they will be using every day. By asking to be compensated for that, you just sound like a whiny kid asking to get paid for helping out with the dishes.

Anyways if anyone would actually like to answer a couple questions I would really appreciate it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Being that you took the time to reply you must not be a busy physician. It is way more accurate to get information from the source instead of going through a third party. The idea was to give physicians a chance to influence a product they will be using every day. By asking to be compensated for that, you just sound like a whiny kid asking to get paid for helping out with the dishes.

Anyways if anyone would actually like to answer a couple questions I would really appreciate it.

I have enough free time to take 20 seconds to type a stupid sentance. I don't have a bunch of free time to answer several in depth questions. Thank you, and good luck.
 
Using the SDN forums to gather informtion from our users for a material or research purposes is not allowed. Insulting our users is also a violation of the Terms of Service agreement (TOS) you signed when you registered.

If you are interested in advertising with SDN or becoming a partner, please contact the helpdesk. Please note however that SDN partner sites are still not allowed to canvas the users or use the forums in such a manner.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.