designs for vision loupes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmdpkaaa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new skyview sports frame? I know it has only just been released very recently.
Also has anyone had the 4.5EF loupes mounted on a lightweight frame other than the buddy holly frame as i find it pretty uncomfortable on this.

Members don't see this ad.

bump! Same questions here!

Has anyone tried the new skyview sports frame? I know it has only just been released very recently.
Also has anyone had the 4.5EF loupes mounted on a lightweight frame other than the buddy holly frame as i find it pretty uncomfortable on this.

Totally unrelated to your question, but does anyone know if a 20/15 vision makes any difference with vision loupes standard vision loupes? I just found out recently that I have 20/15 vision, and standard loupes are designed for 20/20 vision.

Yes, I am a 1st year dental student and ordered the sky view sports frame. They are incredibly lightweight, although they do not protect as well as some of the other frames. However, DFV does provide little protector shields for the sides to help resolve that problem. Some people do not like the shields but they don't bother me at all. They also have a neat little slot in them for your headlamp cord, helping to keep it out of the way.

I would highly recommend them.