Desired MCAT testing date already filled?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this will be my first time taking the MCAT and I was really aiming for the March 24th date, because it lines up to be right before I can take a nice week vacation in early April, but I went to go register last night and realized all the testing centers near me already are filled. "No appointments available."

Now should I hope that this may change and something may open up? Or do I just need to accept the fact that I'm going to have to book a different testing date?

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly wouldn't count on it changing because then you would have to check every single day for a change. Either change the test date or find another testing location and book a hotel.

I would agree with the above that that's a big risk to take to wait even longer to see if it will open.

I'd say that if there is other test taking centers within a drive that has that date available, and you are dead set on that day, spend an extra $75 for a night at a hotel.