blood ba

Mar 16, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I finished my residency and a year of fellowship in Blood bank. I couldn't pass the board with in the eligibility period due to some personal reasons. Now, The ABP asked me to do a year of residency or a fellowship to re take the exam. I am trying my best to get some where with no luck so for. Eeven I participated for Matching this year through NRMP/ ERAS with no help. Is any one in my situation? or heard some thing like this?. If so, could some one guide me how to proceed further. I am very confused and desperate. Please shed some light. Greatly appreciate your help.

KeratinPearls

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
I finished my residency and a year of fellowship in Blood bank. I couldn't pass the board with in the eligibility period due to some personal reasons. Now, The ABP asked me to do a year of residency or a fellowship to re take the exam. I am trying my best to get some where with no luck so for. Eeven I participated for Matching this year through NRMP/ ERAS with no help. Is any one in my situation? or heard some thing like this?. If so, could some one guide me how to proceed further. I am very confused and desperate. Please shed some light. Greatly appreciate your help.

There are some ACGME accredited fellowships available. If I were you I would email these programs. Can you do another year of transfusion med? There are many which are still open for July. I dont see why a program would want someone who finished fellowship for their residency program? You should target fellowship programs.

Do something that interests you. Programs rather not take a fellow who wants the position because they are in limbo. They'd rather take someone who has at least some interest in the field.

Last edited:

mlw03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Agree with suggestion to try and do another year of blood bank fellowship. You could try and sell yourself to a program as someone who knows the ropes and would be a cheap semi-attending.

About the Ads

blood ba

Mar 16, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Thank you so much every one who responded me. I would like to do a year of TM but The CME does't allow me do since already I am done it. Even I contacted many, many program directors and chair persons stating that i don't need any pay, come with my own malpractice insurance, all i need a letter stating that I did a residency or fellowship ( I brought my self from Fellowship to residency. Even, I am ready to work for free until I pass the boards.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.