desperately need advice on DAT score!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iPara

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like there are many questions on the DAT already and I've tried to look for a case like mine before I post this, but I haven't been able to find it, so please take some time and help me with another DAT question!! I just took the DAT last week, and my scores are:
AA/TS/PAT: 19/21/20
It may seems like these scores are ok, EXCEPT for one thing...I had a 16 on RC I couldn't help but agonize over it the past few days because I heard that dental schools have cutoff points where my RC may be too low and I'd be disqualified automatically...My question is do dental schools automatically disqualify applicants with low scores like mine??? If anyone happens to know the answer, please HELP because I'm REALLY DESPERATE!!! Thank you!!!

ps: I'm applying to the following schools: UW, LL, UCLA, UCSF, Baylor, UTHSCSA, UM, UB, Columbia U, UNYSB...does anyone happen to know the cut off points for any of these school?!!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like there are many questions on the DAT already and I've tried to look for a case like mine before I post this, but I haven't been able to find it, so please take some time and help me with another DAT question!! I just took the DAT last week, and my scores are:
It may seems like these scores are ok, EXCEPT for one thing...I had a 16 on RC :( I couldn't help but agonize over it the past few days because I heard that dental schools have cutoff points where my RC may be too low and I'd be disqualified automatically...My question is do dental schools automatically disqualify applicants with low scores like mine??? If anyone happens to know the answer, please HELP because I'm REALLY DESPERATE!!! :( Thank you!!!

ps: I'm applying to the following schools: UW, LL, UCLA, UCSF, Baylor, UTHSCSA, UM, UB, Columbia U, UNYSB...does anyone happen to know the cut off points for any of these school?!!

whats your gpa

oh, I've a 3.9...one further note though, English is my 2nd language, so I'm afraid that most schools will look at my RC and think I can't read English!!! :(

Members don't see this ad :)
It may seems like these scores are ok, EXCEPT for one thing...I had a 16 on RC :( I couldn't help but agonize over it the past few days because I heard that dental schools have cutoff points where my RC may be too low and I'd be disqualified automatically...My question is do dental schools automatically disqualify applicants with low scores like mine??? If anyone happens to know the answer, please HELP because I'm REALLY DESPERATE!!! :( Thank you!!!

Some schools do have cut-offs but all of them want balanced scores. I wouldn't worry too much, I know people with RC lower than that who got in to a few schools. If you have the time and the drive, it wouldn't hurt to retake them.

If I were you, I would just keep the scores, apply to those schools with some back-ups added in and see what happens. :) GL

Try, but if this round doesn't work out, retake and focus on the RC.

Uuuhhhhhhh last I heard, a 3.9 is pretty good. And your avgs on the DATs are above the the nation's avg

thankx guys!! at this point in time i think the more advice I get is the better because i rather know about my situation and work around it....hope to hear more from all of you!! thankx :)

I wouldn't apply to Texas schools if I were you, unless, you are a Texas resident.

iPara, your GPA is solid and your score is nice. Don't worry too much about RC. I had a friend who got 14 on RC, she got accepted into BU and TUfts. Therefore, good luck to you!!:D

Uuuhhhhhhh last I heard, a 3.9 is pretty good. And your avgs on the DATs are above the the nation's avg

The dental schools that he/she listed aren't known for taking just average scores. He/She is concerned about the RC score not questioning whether or not the average is good enough. So what's your point?