Desperately need help with AACPMAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poormansDO

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can somebody please help me?

on the aacpmas application it says for required courses that all science courses must include a lab. for my bio courses the lab and the lecture together constituted a grade so i did not recieve a seperate grade for lab so should I just put the overall grade that i recieved from these classes even though they are just the total grade and not lecture and lab seperated. there is no way for me to put a grade for the lab because the lab was not a seperate grade and thus i did not receive a grade for it.

also it says not to put more than 8 credits for organic chemistry, i took organic chemstry 1 lecture which is 4 credits and received a B+ and took the organic chemstry 1 lab which is 1 credit which is a seperate class and recieved an A-. so that is a total of 5 credits. i also took organic chemistry 2 lecture which is 3 credits and recieved an A. so my total organic chemistry credits is 4+1+3=8 which is what is required. however, for organic chemistry 2 i did not take the lab so should i still put the organic chemistry 2 lecture as part of the required courses even though i did not take the corresponding lab even though the application says all science courses require a lab. one way i fulfilled the 8 credits requirement but another way i did not fulfill the requires a lab requirement.

can somebody please answer this for me? thank you for your help

Members don't see this ad.

That is my situation too, in regards to orgo credits. Dont worry about it, as long as you took the inital lab and you have 8 units, you will be fine - at least at Scholl, AZPOD and California -as those are where i applied and was accepted. As for the bio part, just put the lecture grade as the same for the lab grade, even though they were the same class. Honestly, I just think they use that as a general guide line to see where you are - they clarify it all with your transcripts and in your interview they may ask you to clarify. I would call the schools where you are applying, and ask about the orgo second lab to make sure they arent going to picky about it with you - they were all fine about it with me, but it might be worth checking out your own situation with the admissions people at the specific schools. That general application is kinda a pain:) good luck!

ppormansdoormd said:
can somebody please help me?

on the aacpmas application it says for required courses that all science courses must include a lab. for my bio courses the lab and the lecture together constituted a grade so i did not recieve a seperate grade for lab so should I just put the overall grade that i recieved from these classes even though they are just the total grade and not lecture and lab seperated. there is no way for me to put a grade for the lab because the lab was not a seperate grade and thus i did not receive a grade for it.

also it says not to put more than 8 credits for organic chemistry, i took organic chemstry 1 lecture which is 4 credits and received a B+ and took the organic chemstry 1 lab which is 1 credit which is a seperate class and recieved an A-. so that is a total of 5 credits. i also took organic chemistry 2 lecture which is 3 credits and recieved an A. so my total organic chemistry credits is 4+1+3=8 which is what is required. however, for organic chemistry 2 i did not take the lab so should i still put the organic chemistry 2 lecture as part of the required courses even though i did not take the corresponding lab even though the application says all science courses require a lab. one way i fulfilled the 8 credits requirement but another way i did not fulfill the requires a lab requirement.

can somebody please answer this for me? thank you for your help

can someone else help answer this question for me please!!! i specifically want to know if it matters for ocpm, or nycpm since runnersfeet already answered scpm for me. thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
ppormansdoormd said:
can someone else help answer this question for me please!!! i specifically want to know if it matters for ocpm, or nycpm since runnersfeet already answered scpm for me. thanx

Best thing to do for NYCPM is call them and ask. Most likely they will clear everything through the transcript but call Carlene and ask her. Every one is really friendly in the admissions office.

If you email the application site they will answer any questions you have.

I actually had a similar question. Just include the courses you have taken or the ones that are pending or labs etc. so that they add up to at least the required amount. You can have more than the required amount listed say if you have maybe 3 credit hour english classes and they only want 8 total credits or a similar scenario. The person that answered my questions just told me they don't want a person listing 200+ credit hours or something like that. Hope this helps.

if there is something wrong with my application aacpmas will let me know right? so if they don't say anything everything is alright, right? because on their website it says if something is wrong with the application they will return it

Yes, someone called me at aacpmas the day after I submitted my application and asked me to clarify something. She then sent the application onto the schools that day. They seem very organized and efficient, I wouldnt worry.