Destroyer #25

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hope30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got my Destroyer today and went through the first 100 questions Org. For #25, question read: which of the following could most easily be converted into a Grignard Reagent? I'm sure most of you have Destroyer. So why C is the correct answer? still dont understand after reading the solution. Thanks for your explanation.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I just got my Destroyer today and went through the first 100 questions Org. For #25, question read: which of the following could most easily be converted into a Grignard Reagent? I'm sure most of you have Destroyer. So why C is the correct answer? still dont understand after reading the solution. Thanks for your explanation.

A grignard Reagent is Mg-X, where X is a halide, and the only way this can happen is if the halide resides on a non-acidic molecule. The only unreactive/nonacidic molecule is the ETHER, which is choice C. All the other answer choices contain an acidic portion that Mg would react with instead of reacting with a halide...hope it helps

Just know that ethers are unreactive with Grignard reagents