1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

destroyer #295 bio

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by 113zami, Jun 6, 2008.

1. 113zami

Pre-Dental
    destroyer says ruminants stomach has alkaline pH, I checked wiki and it says

"Under normal fermentation conditions the environment in the reticulorumen is weakly alkaline and is populated by microbes that are adapted to the elevated ph; since the stomach is acidic it acts as a barrier that kills reticulorumen flora as they flow into it."

so its only the reticulorumen that's alkaline but the stomach is acidic, can someone please explain why destroyer says the stomach is alkaline?, thanks

I checked scaum and campbell, neither says anything about ruminant stomach ph

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 113zami

Pre-Dental
    No one knows???

4. sony102

Pre-Dental
    yea I just came across that and was about to post a question, that's really weird, any clues...anyone??

5. sony102

Pre-Dental
    can someone PLEASE answer this question if you know the answer, I searched everywhere and can't find any explanation for it, thanks