1. Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

destroyer amphibian question

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by joonkimdds, Jan 7, 2009.

1. joonkimdds

joonkimdds Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    it says
    amphibians has a closed circulatory system, and we see endo/meso/ectoderm at the end of gastrulation.

I read kaplan BB, schaum, and none of these books talk about these info.

I just memorize whatever kaplan BB, and schaum say. And whatever info these two don't have, I have no idea.

Because of this reason, I wasn't able to answer destroyer question.

Am I supposed to know this type of questions? Where should I gain info about these and others if Kaplan BB and Schaum don't have?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Panther85

2+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    i would modify your study approach. for example if you are studying the circulatory system, i would make a chart comparing the different forms.
    1.Diffusion
    2.Open
    3.Closed
    list facts you have gathered from all your texts and put them into the appropriate subheadings. Then! i would breakdown into different types of closed circulatory like the variations in heart structure (1V/1A in fish vs. (2A/1V in amphibians).

your best shot at this exxam is to synthesize all ur texts into your own words. you can better relate to the info and then the cramming isnt as rough

3. doc3232

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Good point.
    I like to think of the info as a big block and chip away at it by learning smaller blocks of it at a time.
    Make a little list/chart of the hearts. (1 dent into the block)

I think it's
    Mammals and birds: 4 chamber
    Reptiles and amphibians: 3 chamber
    Fish: 2 chamber

4. joonkimdds

joonkimdds Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hm... let's see...
    open circulatory system =arthropods
    closed circulatory system =annelids, amphibians
    diffused circulatory system = protozoan
    none =cnidarian
    does anyone know more?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gentile1225

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    another little fact you should know about amphibians is that they do not have either an allantois or amnion during any developmental stages... just thought i would throw that in there. ive seen it in a couple of kaplan test questions.