Destroyer Bio #30

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premac

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
This question states:

Which statement is false regarding bacteria?

and the answer is "Endospores prevent bacterial proliferation"

Why is that false?
Doesn't endosporulation put the bacteria in a dormant state, preventing proliferation?

Clarification would greatly be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
This question states:

Which statement is false regarding bacteria?

and the answer is "Endospores prevent bacterial proliferation"

Why is that false?
Doesn't endosporulation put the bacteria in a dormant state, preventing proliferation?

Clarification would greatly be appreciated!

Definition of proliferation: 1. To grow or multiply by rapidly producing new tissue, parts, cells, or offspring.
2. To increase or spread at a rapid rate:

When a bacteria (in a roundabout way) kills itself to become an endospore. It is not in a state where rapid growth is taking place. The bacteria is a seed (in my mind and nothing more) that returns to life when favorable conditions return. So think if a colony of 100 bacteria (none die before the the transformation) turn into endospores. When favorable conditions return a 100 bacteria will sprout. So the number stayed the same, the bacteria DID NOT proliferate (rapidly multiply).

Not to analyze you. But I tutor and I commonly see many students at all ages not read every single word in the question(Like answering 1 part of a question when there was two questions asked) and every single word in answers(like now, Im sure after you read my answers youll say DUHHH). Long story short TAKE YOUR TIME, you only get to answer any test question once. Good luck from here on out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi MrSummerlin, i just encountered the same question in DAT destroyer. I am still not clear with the answer you gave. Can you explain it more?

Last edited:
I asked my microbiology professor, he said Endosporulation does prevent proliferation, Zero metabolic processes going on in endospore form.

Reactions: 1 user