1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

destroyer chem number 68

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by pistolpete007, May 30, 2008.

1. pistolpete007

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    A one liter aqueous solution contains 18g C6H12)6 and 3.2g CH3OH. What is the mole fraction of C6H12O6

the destroyer says that 1L= 1000g H2O and we need to convert this into mols too......is that something we're just supp to know that 1L=1000g H2O bc it wasnt given in the question....and do we use convert 1000g of H20 to mol everytime in a mole fraction question if its asked in an aqueous solution if this is the case?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. userah

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    since it's referring to mole fraction, you have to consider all the stuff in the solution which includes water. That's why you have to also take into account the moles of water along with the other solutes. As for knowing 1L = 1000g, that only works for water I believe. I suppose it can't hurt to know it but I doubt they would ask you to know that on the real Dat.

4. drtoothy

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    that's also only because the density of water is 1g/mL.