Destroyer compared to actual OAT

OD2b84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who has taken the OAT already and used OAT Destroyer... do you think the difficulty of the questions are similar between the two? So many people seem to really like the destroyer, but I was wondering if the topics/kinds of questions on the OAT are similar...or if the Destroyer is like Achiever (much more difficult)
Also- any feedback on the Chem, physics, and orgo section of the destroyer? I know a lot of people thought the Math and Bio helped...

THANKS !

Members don't see this ad.

destroyer is extremely difficult! I approached destroyer as a learning material, and not as a practice test. There are a lot of good concepts in those questions. The OAT may test those concepts, but the questions are much more straight forward and less calculation based. Please use topscore and kaplan to judge your performance, and not destroyer. I used to do 10 questions and then review the answers, and sometimes I would get 4/10 right. Like I posted previously, QR for destroyer is good, physics (I liked it better than kaplan subject tests), and organic chem. but everything minus qr is about 5x more difficult than the real thing.

hey - the Destroyer is tough but it really prepares you. however, you have to have studied somewhat and know the basics in each section before attempting the q's in the Destoyer. its good becasue it tries to cover every topic in each section.

for the chem and physics- these q's are a bit more detailed and have longer calculations than you will see on the oats. so i wouldnt worry about all the calcs as much and just focus on understanding the concepts behind each q. but make sure you know them and read the solutions to each problem - it will be very helpful.

the orgo section is great! i would know this cold. there are a couple of q's that are a little tricky so dont freak if you get them wrong as long as you read the solutions and understand them. the q's on the oats are all pretty straight foward so as long as you can understand why each answer is correct and memorize your rxns than youll be fine.

ive said this a couple of times but the bio section is really good. the q's are a bit harder than what youll see the oats but thats not the point - the solutions are packed with tons of info which you should know. so i would read through the solutions a couple of times.

so i guess basically what im saying is the Destroyer is a little harder than the actual oats but it has so much good information in it and really covers everything that it is still an excellent review!

hope that helps

Thanks guys for your help !! :) I will def. look through the problems/solutions a few times.