Destroyer Difficulties

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prima Donna

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright guys,

So I am starting to go through destroyer for gen chem and feel like I am missing too many questions. For every 50 questions I do, I miss around 15-20 which feels like it is quite high (atleast for gen chem). I watched chads videos for both gen chem and ochem. I know people say that destroyer should be used to over prepare you, so is what I am doing alright ? I've scored 19 and 20 on my first two bootcamp tests.

Thanks for any input

Members don't see this ad.

Alright guys,

So I am starting to go through destroyer for gen chem and feel like I am missing too many questions. For every 50 questions I do, I miss around 15-20 which feels like it is quite high (atleast for gen chem). I watched chads videos for both gen chem and ochem. I know people say that destroyer should be used to over prepare you, so is what I am doing alright ? I've scored 19 and 20 on my first two bootcamp tests.

Thanks for any input
everyone feel your pain the first time going thru destroyer lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Alright guys,

Thanks for any input

1) Just swallow the pain
2) It's okay if you get those wrong
3) Read the answers at the back and wrap your head around the main concept of the question
4) Revisit the topic from that question
5) Revisit the question and see what strategies were used
6) Repeat the process until you fully understand
7) Don't give up
8) Don't give up
9) Don't give up
10) Don't give up

Reactions: 1 users
You are averaging over 50% on the groups of questions you are doing. You are doing just fine. These questions are meant to be much harder than anything you saw on bootcamp or will see on the actual DAT. The idea is that if you can do these questions you should be able to do anything on the DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
everyone feel your pain the first time going thru destroyer lol.

1) Just swallow the pain
2) It's okay if you get those wrong
3) Read the answers at the back and wrap your head around the main concept of the question
4) Revisit the topic from that question
5) Revisit the question and see what strategies were used
6) Repeat the process until you fully understand
7) Don't give up
8) Don't give up
9) Don't give up
10) Don't give up

You are averaging over 50% on the groups of questions you are doing. You are doing just fine. These questions are meant to be much harder than anything you saw on bootcamp or will see on the actual DAT. The idea is that if you can do these questions you should be able to do anything on the DAT.

Alright thanks for the reassurance guys. I appreciate it.

Alright guys,

Thanks for any input
You are absolutely doing alright. While studying the Destroyer you can identify any area weakness because this is not something you want to discover on test day. The Destroyer is very challenging but so is the DAT. There are many different versions of the DAT and it's best to be prepared for whatever comes you way.

Wishing you the best in your studies and on the DAT

Nancy