Destroyer Errors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IdahoDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you have found any errors in DAT Destroyer please list them and the correct answer.

Members don't see this ad.

I have found a handful but don't remember where they are. I'm starting through for my second time. I'll try to remember to post them.

Biology #23. Answer should be D. He says that teeth are made of only ectoderm, but this is incorrect. Tooth enamel is made of ectoderm, but dentin is derived from mesoderm. I found this info on page 136 of Histology: a Text and Atlas by Michael H. Ross and Wojciech Pawlina.

Biology #31
B, not E. Someone tell me if I'm way off on this one. He says that "no net migration" is a condition for Hardy-Weinberg Equlibrium. My problem with this is the word "Net." Net migration to me implies that migration could occur, but the population size remains the same. The purpose of no migration is to eliminate gene flow (most sources I've read say "no gene flow" or "isolation"). If you started with a population of 50, 10 members were lost to emmigration, and 10 new members were gained to immigration, you would have no NET migration, but gene flow would have still occurred. I think that "no migration" would make choice E correct, but the word "net" makes it incorrect.

Biology #23. Answer should be D. He says that teeth are made of only ectoderm, but this is incorrect. Tooth enamel is made of ectoderm, but dentin is derived from mesoderm. I found this info on page 136 of Histology: a Text and Atlas by Michael H. Ross and Wojciech Pawlina.

Biology #31
B, not E. Someone tell me if I'm way off on this one. He says that "no net migration" is a condition for Hardy-Weinberg Equlibrium. My problem with this is the word "Net." Net migration to me implies that migration could occur, but the population size remains the same. The purpose of no migration is to eliminate gene flow (most sources I've read say "no gene flow" or "isolation"). If you started with a population of 50, 10 members were lost to emmigration, and 10 new members were gained to immigration, you would have no NET migration, but gene flow would have still occurred. I think that "no migration" would make choice E correct, but the word "net" makes it incorrect.

Maybe by net migration he means no genes comes in, but genes can go out (assuming it is random).

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe no net migration means no net gene migration. There may be migration as long as no change in genes are seen. I always thought it was no migration at all. This theorem is purely hypothetical and impractical which is why I am surprised they still test you on it, just another way to see who read the fine lines in a thousand page textbook I guess.

i can't remember which question but in the bio section there's a question that askswhich hormone is responsible for milk secretion and the answer is listed as Prolactin. The answer should be oxytocin. Prolactin(ant pit) is responsible for milk production while oxytocin(post pit) is responsible for milk secretion through the let-down reflex.

Which statement is true?
a. Surfactant reduces surface tension and allows the fetus to breathe easier
b. Surfactant are substances present in the alveoli of the lungs
c. Without adequate of surfactant, an infant would have difficulty breathing
d. A and C
e. All are true

The answer is E all are true, but fetus (stage of development before birth) don't breathe their lungs are collapse, so I think the answer should be B and C or instead of fetus in a. should say infant!!!

Which statement is true?
a. Surfactant reduces surface tension and allows the fetus to breathe easier
b. Surfactant are substances present in the alveoli of the lungs
c. Without adequate of surfactant, an infant would have difficulty breathing
d. A and C
e. All are true

The answer is E all are true, but fetus (stage of development before birth) don't breathe their lungs are collapse, so I think the answer should be B and C or instead of fetus in a. should say infant!!!

Yeah I remember that one. I about started laughing when I saw the answer.