Destroyer for gen chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gamecock1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've done Destroyer twice now for OChem and I think it's great! I think it goes over the top on some stuff but for the most part it reinforces general concepts in a more difficult way. Destroyer for gen chem on the other hand I think introduces a lot of detailed information that is way too much overkill. I'm going through it the second time and wandering if I should be spending my time else where like mastering Chad's quizzes again or doing DAT bootcamp. I feel like if I try to learn everything in the Destroyer gen chem I will lose some of the basic concepts. Any how I'm ten days away from my exam and as you can see getting anxious and trying to use my time most efficiently! Thanks for any advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't spend to much time on Destroyer Gen Chem except for the concept questions. The crazy calculations will not appear on your test. I would however review the concept type questions though. Good Luck

All I did was Chad's videos and the Destroyer for Gchem (no bootcamp,etc.), and I got a 30 for gchem on the real DAT. For me, Chad and Destroyer went hand in hand. I did the Destroyer 3 times, and as I was doing it, I reviewed Chad's notes (taken as I watched his videos) constantly and repeatedly. That way, I don't lose info on the basics. You may think the Destroyer is overkill, but in another perspective, it prepares you that much for the real DAT. Really, how many of DAT takers do it three times? Not many. Even twice may be enough. But if you do prepare so and know all the stuff that's in it, then I am sure that will reflect on your score on your test day.

good job on completing the destroyer twice. I would focus more on the notes from chad's videos now. He does a really great job on covering topics. And like everyone mentioned, the o-chem and g-chem problems on the real test are very straight forward. You might actually ask yourself if its a joke on the real test. Good luck :)